Sponser

Monday, December 6, 2010

Katy Perry: My tour will engage all the senses

Katy Perry: My tour will engage all the senses

Katy Perry is looking into “alternative stuff” for her upcoming tour.
The 26-year-old pop star will embark on the California Dreams Tour next year, which will see her performing for fans across the globe.
Katy is very much looking forward to the spectacular shows, and is busy working out ways to make them really stand out. Katy is accustomed to adding kooky and unexpected elements to her work, as she famously used a scratch n’ sniff for the sleeve of her album Teenage Dream.
“It'll be really fun, very visual and, like I said, engaging all the senses. We're looking into alternative stuff, like a couple of companies who are helping us make the aroma of what you kind of smell on the CD,” she told British newspaper The Sun.
Katy plans to collaborate with the tour producer who worked on singer Pink’s Funhouse Tour last year. Katy was impressed with the acrobatic elements of Pink’s shows, and also appreciated how sincere and authentic her performances were.
"I'm working with a fantastic tour producer called Baz. He was instrumental in Pink's tour, the one where she was doing trapeze and acrobatics.
"I'm not saying I'd necessarily go down that road, but the reason why I decided to work with him on this tour is because, when I saw her performance in Australia, it wasn't just a regular club, dance party pop performance. It had a lot of heart in it too,” enthused Katy.

musicrooms